Instagram is quickly becoming one of the most powerful social networks. Instagram can be used to market your product, brand, website, content (blog posts) and gain influence in your industry. Today we’re going to talk about pods on Instagram. Sometimes we call them Comment Pods.
Check out my first post about Instagram, with NINE TIPS TO GET STARTED WITH INSTAGRAM. This will give you a good foundation with which to start. If you’re not currently posting consistently on Instagram, you don’t need a comment pod, you need to start posting consistently (once a day is best) and come back here once you’re ready to engage and grow your Instagram account.
What Is an Instagram Comment Pod Anyway?
It’s a group of people who comment on, like and engage with your posts in return for your comments and likes.
It is used to increase engagement and following on Instagram.
Instagram used to display your posts chronologically, so you would see all posts of those you follow if you scrolled long enough. But Instagram now uses an algorithm similar to Facebook, and that means they’re showing your posts to those who follow you only if the algorithm allows it to be shown. Posts seem to get better visibility when there are likes and especially comments on your post. A comment pod ensures your post is getting a few real comments by the members of your pod.
Increased Likes and Follows
As a result of being shown in more feeds, chances are you’ll gain more likes and follows!
And Isn’t that the point of Instagram?
Well, it’s not actually, the point is to effectively market your business on Instagram, but if you’re doing all the right things (like following the steps in my last INSTAGRAM POST, following your ideal customer, and joining a comment pod or two, then you will be effectively marketing your business and will receive clicks to your website as a result!
How Do I Find a Pod?
Ask your business buddies, join a local networking group (online or off) and just ask. You need 15 maximum Instagram handles in a pod.
How Does It Actually Work?
- One Person Heads up the group by creating a private message on their Instagram to up to 14 other Instagram Handles
- Each person in the pod generally shares one post per day to this private message thread
- When you share a new post on your Instagram account, you send it to your pod directly using your send button (below your post, see below) to the private message thread
- Everyone comments and likes everyone’s posts sent to the pod
Your inbox is here:
This is your inbox with messages in it:
This is what to tap to send your post to your pod.
You need to reciprocate
Don’t miss posts or days, here are some tips for sharing effective comments:
- 4+ word comments are encouraged
- Genuine comments that show you’ve read their caption
- Don’t just use a series of emojis
- Catch up in your pods once in the morning and once in the evening all in one sitting each time.
- Be sure to catch up in your pods before you send a post to your pod.
Start a Business Checklist
Enter your best email to get a checklist to start your own business today